Faculty of Pharmacy was established in 2002 based on the Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Can Tho University. As the first education unit for pharmacy training in Mekong delta with the high qualified teaching staff and modern equipment, Faculty of Pharmacy has been developed continuously and become the training Center meeting the needs of society in terms of quantity and quality of human resources in pharmacy in region and partially for country.
Our Faculty staff consists of 44 people with 33 lecturers. Among lecturers, there are 31 people who have postgraduate degree including 3 Associate Professors, 6 PhDs, and 22 Masters. Besides, there are 9 Masters who are doing PhD (including domestically and abroad) and 1 Pharmacist studying Master domestically. In addition, we have more than 30 practice and research laboratories which was equipped with many kinds of high quality machines such as liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS), gas chromatography (GC), infrared spectroscopy (IR), automatic capsule making machine, film coating machine, granule making machine, and models for evaluating drug’s pharmacological effects in animal.
1. Board of Dean
DUONG Xuan Chu, PhD, Associate Professor
Phone: (+84)913 794 789
PHAM Thanh Suol, PhD, Associate Professor
Phone: (+84)908 659 698
Drug Administration - Pharmaceutical industry - Pharmaceutics
HUYNH Thi My Duyen, PhD
Phone: (+84)909 183 298
Drugs quality control - Analytical chemistry - Toxicology
DO Chau Minh Vinh Tho, PhD
Phone: (+84)939 291 699
Pharmacognosy - Botany - Traditional medicine
LE Thanh Vinh Tuyen, MSc
Phone: (+84)907 599 177
Pharmacology - Clinical Pharmacy
PHAM Thanh Suol, PhD
PHAM Thi To Lien, PhD
Phone: (+84)909 343 076
- Drug Administration - Pharmaceutical industry - Pharmaceutics department: studying dosage form and new preparation catching up the development of technical preparation in the world, from then optimizing the production conditions to match with production conditions in Vietnam.
- Drugs quality control - Analytical chemistry - Toxicology department: based on modern equipment, the laboratory conducted lots of drug quality control methods to meet the development of pharmacy.
- Pharmacognosy - Botany - Traditional medicine department: with advantage of abundant domestic herbal plant, we focused on studying bioactive natural substances from medical sources available locally, contributing to the development of new therapies using natural sources.
- Pharmacology - Clinical Pharmacy department: studying the effects of new drugs, survey of new treatment in accordance with technical and economic conditions in Vietnam, giving information and advice about the actions and proper uses of medicine in humans.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry: our orientation is to develop pharmaceutical raw material to meet social requirement for the production of drugs.
III. EDUCATION PROGRAMS
1. Undergraduate Programs
- 5 year full time program for Pharmacist.
- 4 year full time program for Pharmacist.
2. Postgraduate Programs
- Master program for Pharmacist in Pharmacology – Clinical pharmacy.
- Master program for Pharmacist in Drug quality control and Toxicology.
- 1st Grade of Specialty program for Pharmacist in 4 majors:
+ Drug administration.
+ Pharmacology – Clinical pharmacy.
+ Pharmaceutical industry – Pharmaceutics.
+ Drug quality control – Toxicology.
- 2nd Grade of Specialty program for Pharmacist in 2 majors:
3. Continuous education course
- Clinical Pharmacy Education.
- Application of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) in researching chemistry of natural compounds.
- Instruction of Analytical instrument verification (UV-VIS, HPLC).
- Basic theory, manual operation, and maintenance of High-performance liquid chromatography system.
IV. ADMINISTRATION OFFICE
The administration office is part of advising and assisting the Board of Dean in realizing organization and management all the aspects of administrative affairs, organization-staff, students, finance, education, international cooperation, scientific research, facilities and equipment of unit.
DANG Duy Khanh
Phone: (+84)961 860 023
TRAN Thi Tuyet Phung
Assistant to post-graduation training and education
Phone: (+84)909 680 357
VO Thi My Huong
Assistant to graduation training and education
Assistant to scientific research
Phone: (+84)1685 545 033
LE Thanh Vinh Tuyen
Assistant to assets and equipment
TRAN Hoang Yen
Assistant to student activities
Phone: (+84)1222 884 888
LE Thi Thanh Yen
Assistant to document, secretary
Phone: (+84)917 148 120
Faculty of Pharmacy staff
Workshop on application of the Caleva Multi Lab (CML) and the Mini Coater Drier (MCD-2) in granulation, extrusion, and spheronization
Graduation examination of postgraduate students majoring in Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy
Thesis defense of postgraduate students
Graduation ceremony of postgraduate students
Faculty of Pharmacy music performance festival
Tree-planting ceremony on the occasion of the Vietnamese Teacher's Day 20 Nov
The fourth "Tết of love" Program supporting students come home for Tết Holiday